Most cadets do not need a vehicle. Public transportation around Roswell is free for cadets. A bus terminal is within walking distance of the school, and NMMI provides options for cadets to and from the airports.
Authorization for Possession and Operation of Vehicles:
(1) New cadets, yearlings, 4th class cadets and below are not authorized to possess and operate vehicles while in attendance at NMMI. This includes rental vehicles.
(2) College cadets who are not new cadets or yearlings may possess and operate vehicles given they maintain at least a 2.25 GPA and a B in deportment.
(3) Cadets who are members of the National Guard or Reserves may possess and operate vehicles to attend drill periods.
(4) 3rd class high school cadets, who are not new cadets or yearlings, may possess and operate vehicles during their second semester given they maintain at least a 2.25 GPA and a B in deportment.
(5) Cadets authorized to possess vehicles on post may operate their vehicle when they are authorized to be off post.
(6) In special circumstances and upon written parental or guardian request, the Commandant may authorize a cadet to possess and operate a vehicle. Request for Vehicle On Post forms and Vehicle Use and Registration forms may be obtained from the cadet’s TLA or the NMMI website, and must be filled out and returned to the Commandant. If approved, specific instructions and guidance for possessing and operating the vehicle must be strictly followed.
(7) Any cadet found guilty of a serious traffic violation, or more than one minor traffic violation, will be subject to having his/her vehicle privileges revoked.
Please visit the Commandant’s Blue Book for more detailed information regarding automobile, motorcycle and bicycle policy.