Information for NMMI Parents
Click here to be notified via e-mail when a new newsletter is posted.
Please note you do not have to pick a password, but you will need to check your email for a confirmation that you have signed up.
LIVE Webcasts for Parent Viewing
How to view a streaming video:
*Please note this stream will only work properly in Windows Media Player.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Use the Shortcut Key by pressing “Ctrl“ key and “U” key on keyboard which will bring up the following window.
- Enter the following text as listed below http://126.96.36.199:7007. Click the “OK” button and the streaming video should start shortly after. The video will go through a buffering state, but should take no longer than a minute.
- Media player will open; after the buffering is complete the video will load.
Special note for on campus users:
This method is for off campus users only. If you are on NMMI’s internal network, use http://10.36.4.206:7007
How to save a streaming video:
Please note that the videos are formatted for the web and are a smaller resolution than native quality in order to save bandwidth and server storage. Therefore, the image will degrade if you try to make it bigger.
Go to NMMI website, Parent Page
- Right-Click on the link for the event. Select Save Target As
Choose where you want to save the file and click the Save button.
RECORDED Webcasts for Parent Viewing
Click below to view a Recorded Event Video:
If the links above do not work, follow these instructions:
- Open Window's Media Player
- Press Ctrl and U (at the same time) and enter the link (or copy and paste) Event URL – You can also open Windows Media Player, chose file, open URL. Crtl U is just a shortcut.
- Example of event URL: http://nmmi.edu/media/Other/21days.wmv
- Press ok
All dates are subject to change. Please check the Master Calendar or the Commandant's Schedule of Events for the most current dates, times and extended schedules.