Graduates FAQ

Congratulations on this achievement!

Students will receive communications from the Dean’s and Registrar’s Office regarding the graduation ceremony. The information will guide you through the process leading up to graduation and what you need to do to graduate and participate in the commencement events. Therefore, as the date approaches, check your email regularly. Most of our communications will come to you via email.

If you have any unanswered questions after reading our FAQ, contact or Offices are open Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

General Questions

How do I get my name on the list of graduates?

Graduation is not an automatic process. Please review the graduation process webpage to determine what you need to do prior to graduation. For your name to be presented to the Board of Regents, you must meet academic requirements and should submit your application prior to midterms. In cases where you fall short of meeting academic requirements, but are within the course limit to graduate via transfer of credits, your name will be taken to the Board of Regents as a “Transfer Graduate”. A complete list of graduation requirements may be found in the academic catalog for our High School Diploma, Associate in Arts degree or Associate in Science degree.

Am I required to participate in graduation?

No. However, you are highly encouraged to attend. Be proud of this achievement.

The graduation ceremony is open to cadets who have met all academic requirements and have no outstanding disciplinary issues within the Corps of Cadets. As we get closer to end of term, check with your TLA to determine if you have any issues to resolve. Disciplinary issues, not including suspension, may result in you not being allowed to participate in the ceremony and issuing of your physical diploma. See the academic catalog for information regarding disciplinary suspension/dismissal just prior to graduation. If there are no holds (financial or disciplinary) on your diploma, you will receive it at the ceremony.

Which uniform do I wear to the various events?

Read the training schedule. Uniform requirements are specified for all key events.

Do I need to obtain tickets for my guests?

Typically, no. However, if any seating restrictions are necessary, an announcement will be made. Please check regularly for any updates regarding possible seating limitations.

When will I receive my diploma?

If there are no financial or disciplinary holds on your record, you will receive your diploma immediately after the ceremony. The diploma will be held until holds are cleared.

If I am not attending the graduation ceremony, how will I receive my diploma?

In the event that you do not participate, please visit the Registrar’s Office, prior to your departure. If there are no holds (financial or disciplinary) on your diploma, it will be mailed to your preferred mailing address shortly after graduation. Visiting the Registrar’s Office will allow for you to verify this address.

Can my nickname be printed on my diploma?

The name printed on your diploma will be the official name on record. This includes your first name, middle name, last name and suffix (if applicable). Accents, tildes, etc., can be added to your diploma if you notify the Registrar’s Office

How do I graduate with Honors?

Per the catalog, graduates who have attained certain levels of academic excellence will be recognized in the graduation exercises according to the following cumulative GPA scale:

Graduation with Highest Honors (4.00-3.75)

Graduation with High Honors (3.74-3.50)

Graduation with Honors (3.49-3.25)

How do I request my final transcript be sent to my next school?

The easiest way to request your transcript to be sent to your next school, or schools you are considering, is to stop by the Registrar’s Office, before you depart campus. “End of Term” transcripts may be requested at any point. Once you depart campus, you will want to make transcript requests through our electronic ordering method.

Will my final transcript be sent if there is a financial hold on my record?

No, you must clear your financial hold. You should clear your hold prior to departing campus. If you are unable to do so, you will want to contact the business office to determine what you need to do to get cleared. Once you are cleared, your transcript will be sent.

Where can I order graduation announcements?

There are a number of local and online businesses that will be happy to create announcements for this special occasion, including:

Southwest Printers: 575-622-1820

Jostens: 800-854-7464 or visit Josten’s Website

Where can I order a diploma frame?

There are a number of businesses, including our cadet store, who sell diploma frames. Frames awarded to our valedictorian/salutatorian are made by Wordyisms. Our high school diplomas measure 8.5″x11″ (landscape). Our college diplomas measure 11″x14″ (landscape).

Duty, Honor, Achievement


101 West College Blvd.  | Roswell, NM 88201

Campus Location: Lusk Hall – Second Floor