Maintenance Request Cheat Sheet
Logging Into The System
- Open your web browser and navigate to www.myschoolbuilding.com.
- You will be prompted to enter an account number. The New Mexico Military Institute account number is 529981731.
- Press the Submit Organization button.
- On the next page, enter your email address, making sure to enter it correctly. You have already been created in the system as a user.
- Once you click submit, you will be taken to the New Work Request page.
- You will only need to complete this process once. The system will remember you from now on. Once logged in, you can create a shortcut to the page by right clicking with your mouse and select “Create Shortcut”.
Submitting a Maintenance Request
- Enter the district password: nmmi.
- You will then start to fill out the Maintenance Request Form.
- Your personal information should be automatically filled in. If you need to update it, simply fill in the boxes.
- You will then enter your location. If you were already created in the system, your location will be entered in the location drop down box. If this is your first request, simply choose your location. If you are submitting a work order for a location other than your own, PLEASE BE SURE TO CHANGE IT.
- The area drop down box will give the Facilities Department a better idea of where the work needs to be done. You can select classroom, office, gym, etc.
- Area Number is where you can type in the room number or give a more detailed description.
- Next, you will choose the type of problem you have. Simply click the icon and the page will reload with that problem type selected.
- Next, you will describe your problem. Please give Facilities as much detail as possible so they can complete the request in a timely manner.
- A few more fields may appear. Simply fill them out accordingly.
- You may be prompted to enter the password again. This is simply a security precaution, so enter that password one more time (nmmi).
- Click “Submit” and you’re done!
Finding Out The Status of Your Request
- After your order has been submitted, you will automatically be taken to the My Requests tab. This page will let you see everything you’ve submitted so you can check the status, who completed the work order, etc.
- To check it without submitting a maintenance request, simply click the My Requests tab at any time. They will be listed by date requested so your most recent one will show up first. You will be able to match the columns and rows to the column headings in the blue bar.
- Once you’re done, click LOGOUT at the top of the page.
If at anytime you need assistance, you may contact the Facilities Department and we will be glad to assist you.