NMMI’s Commandant of Cadets, LTC Jon Graff, USA (Retired), exercises command, supervision and mentorship over the Corps of Cadets and the Commandant’s Staff. The Commandant’s responsibilities are to:
- Provide for the safety, security, health and welfare, physical readiness, accountability, mentorship, leader development and discipline of the Corps of Cadets;
- Maintain a positive leadership environment in which each cadet can achieve academic excellence and physical readiness while living the Cadet Honor Code;
- Oversee daily operations and activities, and cadet services and support.
- See the NMMI General Catalog for more information.
Parent Package Documents
Download the Latest Version of Adobe for PDFs here
Cadet Re-Enrollment for Fall 2018
Returning cadets are encouraged to re-enroll early for Fall 2018. There will be a priority deadline of 19 March 2018 with a reduced enrollment fee of $75. After 19 March 2018, the re-enrollment fee will be $150.
Benefits for cadets reenrolling early include:
- Early consideration for scholarships
- Early consideration for Corps leadership positions and Cadre selection
- Pre-registration for fall classes
Important Dates AY 2017-2018
|23 July 2017||Fall Cadre Arrive|
|24 July||Cadre Matriculation|
|28 July||Band and Prep students Matriculation|
|31 July||Bronco Football and Volleyball Arrive (Old and New Cadets) – Colt Football Arrive (Old Cadets Only)|
|1 Aug||Bronco Football and Volleyball Matriculation (Old and New Cadets) – Colt Football Matriculation (Old Cadets Only)|
|2 Aug||Junior College New Cadet Matriculation and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in chapel|
|2 Aug||President/Superintendent Welcoming Reception for Parents and New Cadets (Jr College and High School) – Parents invited (7 PM)*|
|3 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in chapel|
|9 Aug||Old Cadets/Break in Service Cadets Matriculation (cadets are encouraged to return early if they must purchase uniforms, prepare for semester – they will not be excused from classes to matriculate)|
|14 Aug||Classes start (High School and Junior College)|
|18 Aug||Returning Cadet Fall Awards Ceremony (Pearson) – (4:00 PM) Parents Invited|
|26 Aug||End of 21 Day Milestone for Fall RATs/Turning of Spring New Cadets (Tentative) – (Milestone Begins 7:00 AM) Parents Invited|
|15-17 Sept||Fall Family Weekend and Parade Parents Invited (Parade begins at 11:00 AM)|
|25-28 Oct||Homecoming/Alumni Weekend/Parade – Parents Invited|
|3-4 Nov||NMMI Hosted JROTC Drill Meet|
|10 Nov||NMMI-Hosted Veterans Day Breakfast on Campus|
|11 Nov||Veterans Day Parade-Stapp Field – Parents Invited|
|TBD||NMMI Winter Concert – Parents Invited|
|TBD||Candlelight Holiday Service Alumni Chapel – Parents Invited|
|15 Dec||Midyear Graduation and Commissioning – Parents Invited|
|2 Jan 2018||Spring Cadre Arrive|
|5 Jan||Spring New Cadet Matriculation|
|7 Jan||Old Cadets/Break in Service Return|
|8 Jan||1st Day of Class|
|27 Jan||Matchin Awards Ceremony/Turning of eligible Fall New Cadets|
|3 Feb||End of 28 Day Milestone for Spring RATs – Parents Invited|
|TBD||Spring Family Weekend – Parents Invited|
|28 April||Final Ball|
|TBD||NMMI Spring Concert – Parents Invited|
|11 May||Academic, Leadership, Athletic Awards Ceremony for Graduating Cadets – Parents Invited|
|11 May||Baccalaureate – Parents Invited (Begins at 10:00 AM)|
|12 May||High School Commencement 0800, College Commencement – 1100– Parents Invited (Cadets must clear campus by 2:00 PM)|
The Following are scheduled Holiday breaks for AY 2017-2018
*All Dates/Times Subject to Change – Always check with your cadet’s TLA or SLA.
|After classes 17 November 2017 until 5:00 PM 26 November 2017
Cadets MUST depart campus by 10:00 AM on 18 November, no exceptions
After last final exam until 5:00 PM 7 January 2018
Final exams start 8 Dec. and end 13 Dec. Check with your cadet as finals are dependent on their individual schedule. Cadets MUST depart campus by 12:00 PM on 15 December, no exceptions
If cadets need to register for classes, attend to uniform issues, or get haircuts, they may return as early as 5 January 2018
|After classes 29 March 2018 until 5:00 PM 8 April 2018
Cadets MUST depart campus by 10:00 AM on 30 March, no exceptions
Barracks will re-open at 1700 Saturday – one day prior to the required return date for all breaks for those who must arrive early.
PLEASE CONTACT NEW MEXICO TEXAS COACHES FOR ALBUQUERQUE AIRPORT BUS TIMES
NOTE: NMMI does not manage commercial bus transportation.
HOLIDAY BUS TRANSPORTATION TO AIRPORTS
New Mexico Texas Coaches, LLC (1-800-287-5466) will provide holiday airport transportation for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring breaks.
- During the holiday breaks cadets are not permitted to remain in the barracks since there are no services (barracks supervision, medical support, or food services). The details governing cadet holiday buses will be published on the Parent E-News and NMMI Website by 1 August 2017. Please note NMMI does not manage holiday transportation, you must contact New Mexico Texas Coaches, LLC for details and pricing. The bus companies are not responsible for delayed or cancelled flights and are not obligated to hold bus departures from the airport. We always recommend that cadets arrive at the airport well before bus departure times for return to Roswell.
- Cadets and parents should expect bus departures to Albuquerque Airport at 0600 (6 am) on Saturday, 18 November with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Sunday, 26 November at 1800 (6 pm) for Thanksgiving, 0600 (6 am) on Friday, 15 December with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Sunday, 7 January at 1800 (6 pm), and 0600 (6 am) on Friday, 30 March with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Sunday, 8 April at 1800 (6 pm) for Spring Break.
- NMMI provides a shuttle to Roswell airport with departures from campus on the same days and times for cadets departing from campus to Albuquerque (see previous paragraph for times). NMMI does not provide a shuttle for returning cadets after breaks from Roswell airport due to limited resources and multiple arrivals.
- Sunshine Cab Company, (575) 910-3400, provides local transportation. The city of Roswell also operates local city buses and cadets in uniform may ride the city buses for free.