NMMI’s Commandant of Cadets, LTC Jon Graff, USA (Retired), exercises command, supervision and mentorship over the Corps of Cadets and the Commandant’s Staff. The Commandant’s responsibilities are to:
- Provide for the safety, security, health and welfare, physical readiness, accountability, mentorship, leader development and discipline of the Corps of Cadets;
- Maintain a positive leadership environment in which each cadet can achieve academic excellence and physical readiness while living the Cadet Honor Code;
- Oversee daily operations and activities, and cadet services and support.
- See the NMMI General Catalog for more information.
Parent Package Documents
Download the Latest Version of Adobe for PDFs here
Cadet Re-Enrollment for Fall 2018
Returning cadets are encouraged to re-enroll early for Fall 2018. There will be a priority deadline of 19 March 2018 with a reduced enrollment fee of $75. After 19 March 2018, the re-enrollment fee will be $150.
Benefits for cadets reenrolling early include:
- Early consideration for scholarships
- Early consideration for Corps leadership positions and Cadre selection
- Pre-registration for fall classes
Important Dates AY 2018-2019
|22 July 2018||Fall Cadre Arrive|
|23 July||Cadre Matriculation|
|27 July||Band and Prep students Matriculation|
|30 July||Bronco Football and Volleyball Arrive (Old and New Cadets) – Colt Football Arrive (Old Cadets Only)|
|30 July||Bronco Football and Volleyball Matriculation (Old and New Cadets) – Colt Football Matriculation (Old Cadets Only)|
|1 Aug||Junior College New Cadet Matriculation and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in chapel. Matriculation will be conducted by last name: 0800 A-H, 0900 I-O, and 1000 P-Z|
|1 Aug||President/Superintendent Welcoming Reception for Parents and New Cadets (Jr College and High School) – Parents invited (7 PM)*|
|2 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in chapel. Matriculation will be conducted by last name: 0800 A-H, 0900 I-O, and 1000 P-Z|
|9 Aug||Old Cadets/Break in Service Cadets Matriculation (cadets are encouraged to return early if they must purchase uniforms, prepare for semester – they will not be excused from classes to matriculate)|
|13 Aug||Classes start (High School and Junior College)|
|16 Aug||Returning Cadet Fall Awards Ceremony (Pearson) – (4:00 PM) Parents Invited|
|25 Aug||End of 21 Day Milestone for Fall RATs/Turning of Spring New Cadets (Tentative) – (Milestone Begins 7:00 AM) Parents Invited|
|28-30 Sept||Fall Family Weekend and Parade Parents Invited (Parade begins at 11:00 AM)|
|17-20 Oct||Homecoming/Alumni Weekend/Parade – Parents Invited|
|TBD||NMMI Hosted JROTC Drill Meet|
|10 Nov||Veterans Day Parade-Stapp Field – Parents Invited|
|12 Nov||NMMI-Hosted Veterans Day Breakfast on Campus|
|TBD||NMMI Winter Concert – Parents Invited|
|TBD||Candlelight Holiday Service Alumni Chapel – Parents Invited|
|14 Dec||Midyear Graduation and Commissioning – Parents Invited|
|2 Jan 2019||Spring Cadre Arrive|
|7 Jan||Spring New Cadet Matriculation|
|10 Jan||Old Cadets/Break in Service Return|
|14 Jan||1st Day of Class|
|26 Jan||Matchin Awards Ceremony/Turning of eligible Fall New Cadets|
|9 Feb||End of 28 Day Milestone for Spring RATs – Parents Invited|
|4 May||Final Ball|
|TBD||NMMI Spring Concert – Parents Invited|
|17 May||Academic, Leadership, Athletic Awards Ceremony for Graduating Cadets – Parents Invited|
|17 May||Baccalaureate – Parents Invited (Begins at 10:00 AM)|
|18 May||High School Commencement and College Commencement – Parents Invited (Cadets must clear campus by 2:00 PM)|
The Following are scheduled Holiday breaks for AY 2018-2019
*All Dates/Times Subject to Change – Always check with your cadet’s TLA or SLA.
|After classes 16 November 2018 until 5:00 PM 25 November 2018
Cadets MUST depart campus by 10:00 AM on 17 November, no exceptions
After last final exam until 5:00 PM 13 January 2019
Final exams start 7 Dec. and end 12 Dec. Check with your cadet as finals are dependent on their individual schedule. Cadets MUST depart campus by 12:00 PM on 14 December, no exceptions
If cadets need to register for classes, attend to uniform issues, or get haircuts, they may return as early as 9 January 2018
|After classes 22 March 2019 until 5:00 PM 31 March 2019
Cadets MUST depart campus by 10:00 AM on 23 March, no exceptions
Barracks will re-open at 1700 Saturday – one day prior to the required return date for all breaks for those who must arrive early.
HOLIDAY BUS TRANSPORTATION TO AIRPORTS
UPDATED 26 NOVEMBER 2018
King’s Highway Charters & Tours will provide holiday airport transportation for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring breaks.
Note, due to many last minute reservations with the Thanksgiving bus, Kings Highway is establishing the following cut off dates for you to make reservations for bus travel to/from Albuquerque Airport for the remaining Christmas and Spring Break periods.
December 14th: cut off December 13th before 5:00 pm (CST)
January 9th: cut off January 8th before 5:00 pm (CST)
January 13th: cut off January 11th before 4:30 pm (CST)
March 23rd: cut off March 22 before 4:30 pm (CST)
March 31st: cut off March 29th before 4:30 PM (CST)
- During the holiday breaks cadets are not permitted to remain in the barracks since there are no services (barracks supervision, medical support, or food services). To purchase a bus ticket or for more information, please contact King’s Highway Charters & Tours at (806) 863-3867 or toll free (888) 332-4315 and http://travelkingshighway.com/payments/ Please note NMMI does not manage holiday transportation. The bus companies are not responsible for delayed or cancelled flights and are not obligated to hold bus departures from the airport. We always recommend that cadets arrive at the airport well before bus departure times for return to Roswell. NMMI is not responsible for airline requirements for traveling minors – all paperwork should be completed in advance.
- Cadets and parents should expect bus departures to Albuquerque Airport at 0600 (6 am) on Saturday, 17 November with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Sunday, 25 November at 1800 (6 pm) for Thanksgiving, 0600 (6 am) on Friday, 14 December with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Wednesday, 9 January and on Sunday, 13 January at 1800 (6 pm), and 0600 (6 am) on Friday, 23 March with return to NMMI from Albuquerque Airport on Sunday, 31 March at 1800 (6 pm) for Spring Break.
- NMMI provides a shuttle to Roswell airport with departures from campus on the same days and times for cadets departing from campus to Albuquerque (see previous paragraph for times). NMMI does not provide a shuttle for returning cadets after breaks from Roswell airport due to limited resources and multiple arrivals.All buses depart from Bates Dining Facility and arrive at the airport departure areas. There are no scheduled stops for the bus or shuttle to Roswell or Albuquerque airports.
- Sunshine Cab Company, (575) 910-3400, provides local transportation. The city of Roswell also operates local city buses and cadets in uniform may ride the city buses for free.