NMMI’s Commandant of Cadets, LTC Jon Graff, USA (Retired), exercises command, supervision and mentorship over the Corps of Cadets and the Commandant’s Staff. The Commandant’s responsibilities are to:
- Provide for the safety, security, health and welfare, physical readiness, accountability, mentorship, leader development and discipline of the Corps of Cadets;
- Maintain a positive leadership environment in which each cadet can achieve academic excellence and physical readiness while living the Cadet Honor Code;
- Oversee daily operations and activities, and cadet services and support.
- See the NMMI General Catalog for more information.
Parent Package Documents
Download the Latest Version of Adobe for PDFs here
Important Dates AY 2020-2021
|23 July 2020||Fall Cadre Arrive|
|23 July||Cadre Matriculation|
|31 July||Prep Cadets Matriculation|
|30-31 July||Bronco Football and Volleyball Arrive (Old and New Cadets) – Colt Football Arrive (Old Cadets Only)|
|31 July||Band Cadets Matriculation|
|5 Aug||Junior College New Cadet Matriculation and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in Pearson. Matriculation will be conducted by last name: 0800 A-H, 0900 I-O, and 1000 P-Z|
|6 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation for last names starting with A-M only and Parent Orientation – Parents Invited to Orientation at 1:30 PM in Pearson.|
|7 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation for last names starting with N-Z only and Parent Orientation at 1:30 in Pearson –|
|13 Aug||Old Cadets/Break in Service Cadets Matriculation (cadets are encouraged to return early if they must purchase uniforms, prepare for semester – they will not be excused from classes to matriculate)|
|17 Aug||Classes start (High School and Junior College)|
|29 Aug||End of 21 Day Milestone for Fall RATs/Turning of Spring New Cadets (Tentative) – (Milestone Begins 7:00 AM) Due to Covid-19 restrictions, parents will not be invited.|
|TBD||NMMI Hosted JROTC Drill Meet|
|11 Nov||NMMI-Hosted Veterans Day Breakfast on Campus|
|TBD||NMMI Winter Concert – Parents Invited|
|TBD||Candlelight Holiday Service Alumni Chapel – Parents Invited|
|25 Nov||Midyear Graduation and Commissioning – Parents Invited|
|2 Jan 2021||Spring Cadre Arrive|
|5 Jan||Spring New Cadet Matriculation|
|7 Jan||Old Cadets/Break in Service Return|
|11 Jan||1st Day of Class|
|TBD||Matchin Awards Ceremony/Turning of eligible Fall New Cadets|
|End of 28 Day Milestone for Spring RATs – Parents Invited|
|TBD||NMMI Spring Concert – Parents Invited|
|Academic, Leadership, Athletic Awards Ceremony for Graduating Cadets – Parents Invited|
|14 May||Baccalaureate – Parents Invited (Begins at 10:00 AM)|
|15 May||High School Commencement and College Commencement – Parents Invited (Cadets must clear campus by 2:00 PM)|
The Following are scheduled Holiday breaks for AY 2019-2020
*All Dates/Times Subject to Change – Always check with your cadet’s TLA or SLA.
Cadets may leave as early as after their last final exam
Final exams start 21 Nov. and end 24 Nov. Check with your cadet as finals are dependent on their individual schedule. Cadets MUST depart campus by 12:00 PM on 25 November, no exceptions
If cadets need to register for classes, attend to uniform issues, or get haircuts, they may return as early as 7 January 2021
|After classes 26 March 2021 until 5:00 PM 5 April 2021
Cadets MUST depart campus by 10:00 AM on 27 March, no exceptions
Barracks will re-open at 1700 Saturday – one day prior to the required return date for all breaks for those who must arrive early.
HOLIDAY BUS TRANSPORTATION TO AIRPORTS
King’s Highway Charters & Tours will provide holiday airport transportation for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring breaks.
During the holiday breaks cadets are not permitted to remain in the barracks since there are no services (barracks supervision, medical support, or food services). To purchase a bus ticket or for more information, please contact King’s Highway Charters & Tours at (806) 863-3867 or http://travelkingshighway.com/payments/ Please note NMMI does not manage holiday transportation. The bus companies are not responsible for delayed or cancelled flights and are not obligated to hold bus departures from the airport. We always recommend that cadets arrive at the airport well before bus departure times for return to Roswell. NMMI is not responsible for airline requirements for traveling minors – all paperwork should be completed in advance.
- NMMI provides a shuttle to Roswell airport with departures from campus on the same days and times for cadets departing from campus to Albuquerque. NMMI does not provide a shuttle for returning cadets after breaks from Roswell airport due to limited resources and multiple arrivals. All buses depart from Bates Dining Facility and arrive at the airport departure areas. There are no scheduled stops for the bus or shuttle to Roswell or Albuquerque airports.
- Sunshine Cab Company, (575) 910-3400, provides local transportation. The city of Roswell also operates local city buses and cadets in uniform may ride the city buses for free.