NMMI’s Commandant of Cadets, COL Thomas Tate, USA (Retired), exercises command, supervision and mentorship over the Corps of Cadets and the Commandant’s Staff. The Commandant’s responsibilities are to:
- Provide for the safety, security, health and welfare, physical readiness, accountability, mentorship, leader development and discipline of the Corps of Cadets;
- Maintain a positive leadership environment in which each cadet can achieve academic excellence and physical readiness while living the Cadet Honor Code;
- Oversee daily operations and activities, and cadet services and support.
- See the NMMI General Catalog for more information.
Parent Package Documents
Download the Latest Version of Adobe for PDFs here
Important Dates AY 2021-2022
|22-30 July ’21||Cadre Matriculate/Training (0800-1200)|
|30 July||Service Academy Preps Matriculation (0800-1200)|
|29-31 July||Bronco Football & Band Matriculation (0800-1200)|
|1-2 Aug||Volleyball Matriculation (0800-1200)|
|2-4 Aug||New International Student Cadets Report/Orientation (Holiday Inn Hotel)|
|4 Aug||Junior College New Cadet Matriculation (0800-1200)|
|5 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation Last Names A – L ONLY (0800-1200)|
|6 Aug||High School New Cadet Matriculation Last Names M – Z ONLY (0800-1200)|
|11 Aug||Old Cadets/Break In Service Cadets Matriculate Last Names A – L ONLY (0800-1200)|
|12 Aug||Old Cadets/Break In Service Cadets Matriculate Last Names M – Z ONLY (0800-1200)|
|16 Aug||First Day of Classes (High School and Junior College)|
|19 Aug||Fall Academic Excellence, Leadership, and Physical Fitness Awards (1600-1800 at Pearson)|
|4-6 Sept||28 Day Ceremony|
|1-4 Oct||Parent’s Weekend (Parade on 2 Oct)|
|5-8 Oct||Midterm Exams|
|11 Nov||Veteran’s Day Parade (No Classes)|
|25-26 Nov||Thanksgiving Holiday (No Classes)|
|7-9 Dec||Final Exams|
|13-31 Dec||Winter Break|
|2-3 Jan ’22||Cadre Returns|
|4 Jan||Spring Matriculation|
|10 Jan||First Day of Classes|
|5 Feb||Matchin Awards|
|5 Feb||Spring 28 Day Ceremony|
|14-18 Mar||Spring Break|
|15 Apr||Good Friday (No Classes)|
|18 Apr||Easter Monday (No Classes)|
|7-11 May||Final Exams|
The Following are scheduled Holiday breaks for AY 2021-2022
*All Dates/Times Subject to Change – Always check with your cadet’s TLA or SLA.
Cadets may leave as early as after their last final exam.
Final exams start 7 Dec. and end 9 Dec. Check with your cadet as finals are dependent on their individual schedule. Cadets MUST depart campus by 12:00 PM on 10 December, no exceptions
Barracks will re-open at 1700 Saturday – one day prior to the required return date for all breaks for those who must arrive early.
HOLIDAY BUS TRANSPORTATION TO AIRPORTS
King’s Highway Charters & Tours will provide holiday airport transportation for Winter and Spring break.
During the holiday breaks cadets are not permitted to remain in the barracks since there are no services (barracks supervision, medical support, or food services). To purchase a bus ticket or for more information, please contact King’s Highway Charters & Tours at (806) 863-3867 or https://travelkingshighway.com/payments/ Please note NMMI does not manage holiday transportation. The bus companies are not responsible for delayed or cancelled flights and are not obligated to hold bus departures from the airport. We always recommend that cadets arrive at the airport well before bus departure times for return to Roswell. NMMI is not responsible for airline requirements for traveling minors – all paperwork should be completed in advance.
- New Mexico Military Institute provides a shuttle to Roswell airport with departures from campus on the same days and times for cadets departing from campus to Albuquerque. However, we do not provide a shuttle for returning cadets after breaks from Roswell airport due to limited resources and multiple arrivals. All buses depart from Bates Dining Facility and arrive at the airport departure areas. There are no scheduled stops for the bus or shuttle to Roswell or Albuquerque airports.
- Sunshine Cab Company, (575) 910-3400, provides local transportation. The city of Roswell also operates local city buses and cadets in uniform may ride the city buses for free.