What to Donate
The New Mexico Military Institute Archives is looking for documents relating to the Institutes’s history.
Particularly desirable items include:
- Administrative records
- Selected manuscripts and publications
- Selected photographs
- Selected video and audio tapes
- Selected maps, blueprints and architectural drawings
- Selected pamphlets and posters
- Selected oral histories, letters, diaries, memorabilia and scrapbooks
How to Donate
If you are interested in donating NMMI-related organizational records or personal materials, please contact the Archivist, MAJ Nicole Katz. Items donated to the Archives will be examined for archival merit by the Archivist before being accepted into the collection.
The NMMI Archives requests that all materials donated be accompanied with the following:
- A Deed of Gift
- A general description of the contents and their approximate dates
- Photographs should be donated with information identifying their content, as well as with approximate dates and any copyright or reproduction restrictions.
Deposits/loans of materials are generally not accepted. wherein ownership of materials lies with the depositor. The Archives will also not accept collections permanently closed to users.
Donated materials receive the environmental and security protections accorded to all NMMI Archives collections, but may receive a minimal level of processing.
For more information see The Society of American Archivists’ Guide to Donating Your Papers.