The following resources are available to NMMI cadets at no charge.
- Use online resources from the Horgan Library (https://www.nmmi.edu/academics/paul-horgan-library/)
- Receive research support through email – email@example.com
- If the library is closed due to COVID-19 or if you are unable to come to the library due to COVID-19 restrictions, research help remains available. You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the Paul Horgan Library website and click ‘Chat with a librarian’ and submit a research question there.
- Someone is usually on campus during regular work hours, so if you request a book we can make a no-contact exchange to check out library materials.
- Library collection renewals: email email@example.com
- Checking out books, DVDs, etc.: call 575-624-8385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deliver to Command Post/Commandant’s Office (they will coordinate with cadet)
- Printouts: email email@example.com document and we will print and deliver it to Command Post
- Inter-Library Loan: Do you need a book that is not available in the Horgan Library? Call 575-624-8385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will order the book and alert you when it arrives.
- Writing support is available 24-7 through Tutor.com, accessed through any of your Canvas courses. This includes both real-time help and the ability to submit papers for review. If you are a member of the military or have a parent who is in the military, please make sure to use the “Online Tutoring for Military and Dependents” link.
College, Careers & Scholarships
- Visit the new College, Careers & Scholarships page for information to help you locate your transfer school, figure out potential careers, search for scholarships, and more.
- Virtual College visits will continue to be held this semester. However, we are moving away from a classroom gathering. Announcements regarding visits and contact information for college reps will be emailed out to cadets and posted on the College, Careers & Scholarships page.
IT Help Desk
- The IT Help Desk can be reached at 575-624-4357 or email@example.com
- Fill out an IT Job Request through your My NMMI page
Resources available throughout the regular school year during face-to-face instruction is being delivered
New Mexico Military Institute is committed to providing our cadets with a well-rounded academic experience. NMMI offers many services and supports to give our cadets opportunities to develop skills and be academically successful. All of the services and supports listed below are available to NMMI cadets at no additional cost (a.k.a. FREE!).
Academic Weekends – Academic Weekends are held once a month, usually before a grading period. The Library will be open from 0800-1200 on those days. Check with your instructors regarding their availability.
Athlete Tutoring – MAJ Marrujo offers our college student-athletes an opportunity for a structured study environment. Contact him for updated information.
Chemistry Club – All students in junior college chemistry classes are encouraged to attend Chemistry Club. Contact Dr. V for information.
Math and Science Tutoring in Willson Hall – Math and science faculty are available to help during Night Study Hall. Math tutoring meets in Willson 101.
Faculty Office Hours – Your instructor is often the best person to ask for help with course elements, especially if you are confused about an assignment. Check your course syllabi for their office hours and location.
Office Hours – Your instructors are available for tutoring or other assistance during their office hours. Your syllabus for each class has the instructor’s office hours and location as well as contact information. If you are able to plan ahead, send them an email to let them know you will be there – then make sure you show up!
National Honor Society Tutoring – Members of the National Honor Society offer free tutoring assistance in the library during Night Study Hall. Look for them at the tables on the main floor of the library.
Writing Center – Writing Center at Toles webpage has great writing resources. Real-time writing assistance, as well as submission for review, is now available through Tutor.com, accessible from any of your Canvas courses.