During Online Instruction
The following resources are available to NMMI cadets at no charge.
Online Learning Continuity: Student Resource Page
- Visit the Registrar’s Student Resource Page for tips and information as well as important links such as Canvas, Self Service, Transcript Requests, and more.
- Use online resources from the Horgan Library (https://www.nmmi.edu/academics/paul-horgan-library/)
- Receive research support through email – email@example.com
- Start by visiting the website: https://www.nmmi.edu/academics/toles-learning-center/the-writing-center-at-toles-learning-resource-center/
- Connect with Dr. Atkinson-Loveless during NSH on Sundays – Thursdays for live assistance via our new Chat feature and timely feedback via email
- You can also receive support via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Lab During NSH
College, Careers & Scholarships
- Visit the new College, Careers & Scholarships page for information to help you locate your transfer school, figure out potential careers, search for scholarships, and more.
- Visit the Bronco Advising Center page for college advising information and to connect with your advisor.
- Advisors are available for a real-time Chat from 07:30 – 11:30 and 12:30 – 15:30 Monday – Friday, Mountain time. Look for the Chat feature – it is a red box and hard to miss!
- Follow the Bronco Advising Center on Instagram for updated information, notifications, and updates.
IT Help Desk
- The IT Help Desk can be reached at 575-624-4357 or email@example.com
- Rosetta Stone is offering students 30 days of access for free: https://www.rosettastone.com/freeforstudents/
Resources available throughout the regular school year during face-to-face instruction is being delivered
New Mexico Military Institute is committed to providing our cadets with a well-rounded academic experience. NMMI offers many services and supports to give our cadets opportunities to develop skills and be academically successful. All of the services and supports listed below are available to NMMI cadets at no additional cost (a.k.a. FREE!).
Academic Weekends – Academic Weekends are held once a month, usually before a grading period. The dates for the spring 2020 semester are February 29 & April 4. The Library and Writing Center will be open from 0800-1200. Check with your instructors regarding their availability on those days.
Athlete Tutoring – CPT Marrujo offers our college student-athletes an opportunity for a structured study environment. Join him downstairs in Toles 127 on Tuesday nights from 1930-2130.
Chemistry Club – All students in junior college chemistry classes are encouraged to attend Chemistry Club, which meets every Tuesday at 1540 in Willson 123 for Dr. V’s students and in McClure 206 for Dr. Hudgen’s students.
Faculty Office Hours – Your instructor is often the best person to ask for help with course elements, especially if you are confused about an assignment. Check your course syllabi for their office hours and location.
Math and Science Tutoring in Willson Hall – Math and science faculty are available to help during Night Study Hall. See the semester schedule for details.
Morning Tutoring – Your instructors are available for tutoring in their offices or classrooms on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 0715. Your syllabus for each class has the instructor’s office location and contact information. If you are able to plan ahead, send them an email to let them know you will be there – then make sure you show up!
National Honor Society Tutoring – Members of the National Honor Society offer free tutoring assistance in the library during Night Study Hall. Look for them at the tables on the main floor of the library.
Writing Center – The Writing Center, located in Toles 228, is open during Night Study Hall and Academic Weekends. Our Writing Center Mentor will help with any aspect of the writing process – from brainstorming ideas to final edits and finishing touches. Find more details and great writing resources on the Writing Center at Toles webpage.