IFYP (Individual 4-Year Plan)
What students should know and be able to do
Career Exploration & Planning
- Match personal interests with career possibilities
- Identify a personal career, pathway, or Career Cluster goal
- Learn the process of developing goals and pathways toward goals, including academic, post-secondary, workforce, and service learning goals.
- Learn the academic beliefs, behaviors, and performance standards required to be “on-track” for post-secondary readiness and evaluate progress toward these benchmarks.
- Develop the persistence and motivation to overcome barriers to meet goals.
Academic Success & Course Planning
- Learn the process of intentionally selecting classes to meet high school graduation requirements.
- Understand the importance of selecting rigorous CE, CTE, and AP courses that align with career and postsecondary path goals.
Postsecondary & Financial Planning
- Explore the earning and lifestyle potential of postsecondary education.
- Learn the process needed to plan and prepare for post-secondary or career training. This includes understanding how to access and pay for post-secondary education.